My Single Fostex dual horn loaded design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As soon as I get around to it I want to try out this design I came up with. The driver is a single Fostex 103EN. Will update if I go for it.

Attachments

• SingleFostexHorn44.jpg
    SingleFostexHorn44.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:
horn drawing questions?

As soon as I get around to it I want to try out this design I came up with. The driver is a single Fostex 103EN. Will update if I go for it.

Hi there c: The dotted lines and solid lines do not seem to have the same meaning in the construction as in the drawing, so we can not see where you are heading in the next construction step. Will the large triangle on the right side, be dead space or connected somewhere as a resonant chamber? ...regards,Michael.

At this point it's a dead space chamber...... The front of the fostex will fire to the right and hit the 45 degree angle and shoot outwards from the top right corner of the design. The rear of the speaker will fire to the left hit the 45 degree board exit from under the front board and travel down the front baffle which is like a 3 sided horn. The dashed lines are hidden surfaces under the front board. I still need to cut the throat triangles and still mulling over what they should look like. They will be removable so I can try multiple different throat designs. My other vision is two fostexs magnet to magnet with the rear of them venting into the dead space chamber and the fronts firing to the left and right.

The whole reason for this design was to up the efficiency of the fostex by horn loading it, and also to combine the front and rear wave of the driver into the same space at the same time.

This is where I'm at now.

Attachments

• DualHorn4.jpg
    DualHorn4.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Up to a point; it depends on what the upper corner frequency of the bass horn and the acoustic low-pass slope is, since with our falling hearing acuity at lower frequencies the audibility threshold of GD rises significantly. So if you can cut sufficiently low, sufficiently steeply, you can actually have quite a lengthy delay without audible problems. The issue is getting that low, steep filtering in the first place of course. ;) Fh needs to be sufficiently low for a start, otherwise compound loading will be required to fill in the gap between the bass horn's upper corner frequency and the mass-corner frequency of the driver (once amplifier output impedance and / or any series R is factored in).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.