what to build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ,

Have been looking at the full range forum for some time now because i would like to build myself some speakers again.
Some years ago i build some BD pipes with ACR103 Sigma.
I liked them but always wanted them to have a bit "fuller" sound.
After some years i decided to build the same cabinet but with only one
FE127E per side.
It was somewhat better but did not have a "full" sound also.
For now i am thinking about :
karlson type off cabinet with FE206EN or AN10 super ,
frugalhorn xl with FF165WK ,
BD pipes again with FE103SOL or maybe a combination off a 4 and 5 inch
speaker ( when this could work to achieve a "fuller" sound)
Castle towers with some FE103SOL or maybe FF125WK.
I don't prefer standmounted speakers .
Could someone pls give advise .

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We just built a set of FHXL for FF165wk… just putting the finishing touch on the drivers. We have found this driver tobe quite goodandare looking forward to the build.

Castle microTower with FF125wk should work fine, i thnk i have the appropriate vent size on my 'outer.

Our very 1st FR build were BD-pipes. The extra magnet on the ACR Fostex would reduce their bass output. The best bass we got out of themwas with Coral hooey-basket alnico drivers.

dave

Without a long list of enclosures I've built that could possibly fulfill your objective, from the short list you gave, I'd suggest that if you can afford the required floor space, the FH-XL with FF165WK. If not, I've built a couple of pairs of the Castle Microtowers, and with the FF125WK they should work quite well, although I don't imagine they'd develop quite the bottom end or size of soundstage of the XLs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.