Modpodged Fostex Fe126En requency graph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody!

As the title says, do we have any frequency response graphs for the aforementioned speaker after the modpodge cone treatment and phase plug installation?
I'm interested in the upper freq loss and the drop in sensitivity...

Thanks in advance for the info.

As I recall you have to watch it installing phase plugs on the 126/7 as the VC leads come extremely close to the dustcap on these particular models -so close that there is a major risk of severing them. I don't think many were modified in this way as a result (this doesn't affect most of the other drivers). Dave is the best person to ask on that score.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
As I recall you have to watch it installing phase plugs on the 126/7 as the VC leads come extremely close to the dustcap on these particular models -so close that there is a major risk of severing them.

There were 2 versions of the FE126/127, The FE127 had a visual difference -- older ones (say 2000-2005) has a smaller radius on the curve on the mgnet cap. We have had no probems with removing dustcaps on the newer ones (and it shouldn't be an issue with the current drivers. We do not recommend removing the dustcap unless it is damaged so bad as to be necessary. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planet-10-hifi/181603-fe12x-dustcap-fix.html

I only have a FR measure for FE127e vrs FE127eN, similar looking but a different driver.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.