Small fullrange bookshelves - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th March 2015, 03:48 PM   #1
qbfx is offline qbfx  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Default Small fullrange bookshelves

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for some time but had never tried to build anything HiFi. Couple of months ago I built myself a pair of sealed enclosure, pseudo 2-way bookshelves with a small vented sub, driven by a tiny valve preamp and a tiny power amp fed by a tiny DAC . I've been quite happy with these, very surprised by the way they sound. Some weeks ago I bought a 2.1 system for next to nothing because I knew I'd want to take a second try at DIY.

The drivers seem quite beefy for their size, the magnets are heavy and the driver suspension seems like it would allow for quite some throw. Anyways, I was thinking to try and build a pair of full-range bookshelves with these, a TL or BLH, not sure yet. Actually that's why I'm here, I wanted to ask you guys if you recognize these drivers, or at least the brand/model. I took a look at some diy speaker sites like diyaudioprojects.com but I'm not sure if any of the designs could be adapted to the drivers I've got. Drivers are 7cm in diameter or about 2" 4/5. Any ideas/insights/tips are greatly appreciated!

Cheers!!

Last edited by qbfx; 17th March 2015 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Attached photos of driver
Old 17th March 2015, 05:24 PM   #2
Mayuri is offline Mayuri  Finland
diyAudio Member

No idea about the speaker model, it's probably custom made for that 2.1 set. To get the optimal enclosure, you'd probably need to measure the T/S specs yourself.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:05 PM   #3
BYRTT is offline BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

If you not aware free program REW can measure drivers T/S specs, there after free WinISD can simulate optimal box. If not tried it before will need some exercise to educate your self for most mean 1/2 to couple of hours. Use search to find programs and use their build in help guides or search web for more guides. If you at least get the T/S parameters sorted out then would imagine some helpful members would gladly design you a optimal box.

Hide this!Advertise here!