McBride full range 6.5" - anyone tried it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for drivers to use in small sealed cabinets for a HT application. I found this one at loudspeakers.ca. Using the published specs, since I don't have a sample in my hands yet, it looks like it should do Fb = 99.4 Hz and F3 = 74.4 Hz in a box of about 7.5 liters net internal volume - system Q works out to about 1.14. I would be prepared to add a tweeter / supertweeter, perhaps the CTS KSN1038A with the appropriate cap(s) and resistor(s). The specs are attached. McBride is a Canadian manufacturer, and I think they are located in Waterloo, Ontario.

I realize that this is a long shot, but if anyone has experience with these drivers, I'd be happy to learn your impressions. If I like box number one, I might build four or five more to go with the Yamaha HT receiver and the DIY 12" sub.

dooper

Attachments

• linear b 6.5.jpg
    linear b 6.5.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 190
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.