Replacement Driver for old Infinity Modulus Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone. I just joined this forum and I want to seek some advice from you more knowledgeable guys about speaker drivers.

I had a 1996 Infinity Modulus loudspeakers (with Subwoofer) which back in the day totaled USD$3,000, and was even reviewed by Stereophile (stereophile.com/content/infinity-modulus-loudspeaker-modulus-subwoofer-specifications). Well time passed, things got busy and kids(!) came, and the system got mothballed.

I am now trying to find a replacement for the dead 5.5" cone woofer sealed-box driver. I want to humbly ask your guys' opinion on what might be a good replacement for this driver from madisound.com or parts-express.com.

I don't not have high expectations as to hi-fi sounds though (it was a disappointing buy then); just reasonable music coming out from this nice Darth Vader black speakers which I hope to adorn my TV room once again. Thanks!

------------
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...-crossover-upgrade-suggestions-dsc01988-1.jpg

Infinity Modulus: two-way, sealed-box, stand-mounted loudspeaker. Drive-units: 2.125" by 0.5" EMIT-k ribbon tweeter, 5.5" (140mm) IMG (Injection-Molded Graphite) cone woofer. Crossover frequency: 4kHz. Crossover slopes: 4th-order, 24dB/octave, Linkwitz-Reilly. Frequency response: 80Hz–45kHz ±2dB. Sensitivity: 84dB/W/m (2.83V). Nominal impedance: 5 ohms. Amplifier requirements: 50–200W.
Dimensions: 12" (305mm) H by 7" (178mm) W by 10.625" (270mm) D. Weight: 12 lbs (5.5kg) each.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.