SPL Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've seen those things for sale in lots of ~50 on ebay for $25. No real specs listed with them at the time but I seem to recall them being dell computer speakers - cheap ones at that.

I asked myself if I could ever recall enjoying the sound from a dell computer (but wanting it louder). My conclusion was that they're probably not worth the money if dell didn't even want them all.

Maybe the ones you've found are different.

" My conclusion was that they're probably not worth the money if dell didn't even want them all."

LOL.. Now that's funny stuff..

The ones I found didn't have specific SPL information. I kinda "Guessed " by finding another driver ~ the same size. Midnight Baseball is fun! Found some real jewels that way a few times..

As Frank Zappa said..

"Without Deviation, (From the Norm) Progress is not Possible"

Well.. 16 arrived today. Got 4 of 'um out and started "Playing" with them..

Wasn't impressed at first. Sounded like a plastic box! (No internal damping material, I'm sure) Wrapped the outside of each one of them in some cloth and stuffed a little pinch of cotton batting into the ports to stop some of the internal crap from gittin' out. Big difference!

Grindin' some Alvin Lee through 'um now. More to come..

On the subject of dell computer speakers I would like to open a couple I have from an old Inspiron to see if I might try to use them in better boxes. I have tried gently prying here and there with nothing popping loose. I don't want to destroy them as they might be used by someone else as is. Has anyone successfully popped any of these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.