looking for a cabinet for the CHN70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, here is suggestion that is as simple as can be to build. It is a variation of our Händel series Händel family, but one that we are happy to give away.

You could safely make 10er at the top and them damp a bit more. Gives a very nice tight bass.

Have fun, Kurt

Attachments

• 1-DSC_0003-001.JPG
    1-DSC_0003-001.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 466
  • 2-DSC_0004-001.JPG
    2-DSC_0004-001.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 467
  • I22a drawing.jpg
    I22a drawing.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 3-DSC_0005-001.JPG
    3-DSC_0005-001.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 216
FWIW, this weekend I finally got around to installing a pair of these in FH3 (with removable baffle to allow for swapping a range of new drivers) . These little puppies have no trouble with lower mid bass - but would certainly benefit from woofer support for the bottom octave and half (well, maybe 2 1/2 if you consider that only getting to 20Hz is not quite deep enough)

Hi Gaston. I find the CHN-70 entirely satisfying, it is my daily listener in my office together with a special BIB like horn with the Alpair 6. When listening to Internet radio, MP3s or older 60'ies recordings, I switch to the CHN-70 as the Alpair 6 reveals to much of the poor recording quality. CHN-70 smooth things out a bit, not a puritan driver like the other paper drivers, but very nice, and much better than the Monacors or Founteks, you can find. If you want a bigger box a classic TQWT will do fine and go deeper.

Cheers Kurt

to repeat post#7 above - CHN70 works very well in the FH3 - if you have the floorspace
Nice to hear that :D
CHN70s are getting very good reviews, and considering it's price they are really worth.
The FH3 has turned out to be a very flexible enclosure, although difficult to build (angle cuts) it's looks are stunning! :cool:
I have them with a pair of A7
A big thank you to Scott, Dave and you for giving us this wonderful enclosure, and testing them with so many drivers to suit every taste/budget. :worship:

If you are looking for an ultimately easy build, here is one for you, we call it the Charlie Parker: http://goo.gl/XDN43X.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

It consist of 2 pieces of drain pipe 110 mm in diameter, a t-piece in the middle and a plug at the top. The foot is homemade. It took my under 2 hours to put them together. The characteristics match the CHN-70 quite well, ideally we should have had a slightly bigger diameter. Very nice imaging. If you want to see the whole build process take a look here Picasa Web Albums - Kurt Nielsen - CharlieParker

-- Kurt

how is the high frequency end of the chn70?

Hi Gaston. I find the CHN-70 entirely satisfying, it is my daily listener in my office together with a special BIB like horn with the Alpair 6. When listening to Internet radio, MP3s or older 60'ies recordings, I switch to the CHN-70 as the Alpair 6 reveals to much of the poor recording quality. CHN-70 smooth things out a bit, not a puritan driver like the other paper drivers, but very nice, and much better than the Monacors or Founteks, you can find. If you want a bigger box a classic TQWT will do fine and go deeper.

Cheers Kurt

Hi, fellow MarkAudio enjoying listeners!
I am a bit reluctant to buy a set (or two?) of CHN70's as I am used to chr70.3 now. Is the high frequency part for the chn much less loud compared to the chr?
Thanks, August

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.