Power amp differences..?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm having same trouble..

I took the plunge and ordered this one 5 minutes ago,vitalstates recommend.
New Latest HIFI 2.0 Stereo Output Digital Power Amplifier TPA3116 50Wx2 by WLX | eBay

I'll post impressions..

Any suggestion on power supply?

I've been running unit mentioned above for about a week.... Well, I'm impressed to say the least.. Certainly eye opener to what is possible in Class D.. Wifes Son tried it out, running small monitors I built with Peerless woofer and XT25 tweeter, after 20 minutes he ordered one and selling off vintage receiver..

Some noise with ear up to the woofer but I'm sure mods will tame this..

Anyway WOW! Thanks.. I'm on Class D Path Now.. Future build, like to build one ground up now,

I just found out that SMSL now makes a boxed version of the 3116 with external heatsink called the SA-60 which is good for more power relative to the 3118. It has great components, and one of the few boards to have nice copper air core inductors, and the much desired "bootstrap snubber" circuit. May be the best values in great sounding pre-built amps. $80 on Amazon with free shipping.

Amazon.com: SMSL SA-60 60WPC Class D Digital Amplifier golden: Electronics

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I read somewhere that Sure may be making a complete boxed TPA3116 amplifier sometime in January. If this is true, it looks like these two units will most likely be the leading contenders depending on price.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.