Enclosure advice for Mark Audio CHR 70.3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2014, 06:16 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Enclosure advice for Mark Audio CHR 70.3

I recently purchased four of these drivers with intentions on building the Woden Designs Lotus ^ 2 cabinets. I have emailed Scott and he advised that the Lotus and Lotus ^ 2 were actually designed for the version 1 of the CHR and that new designs should be appearing soon. Does anyone have any insight if the version 3 drivers will work well in that design or is there a better option out there? I really like the Lotus or Maeshowe style cabinets. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 6th November 2014, 08:53 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The current CHR works perfectly in Maeshowe, no issues there.

Re Lotus, I didn't say that a new version would be appearing soon, I said it is in the queue of things we have to do, but we were waiting to ensure the current generation units will not be modified in the foreseeable future before we committed to redesign the cabinets. As is, the 3rd generation CHR will not work all that well. I have replied to your 2nd email -apologies for a few hours delay, but unfortunately, I can't be on-line without pause! I will move the box up the to-do list. The changes will probably only need to be fairly small, but important.

Last edited by Scottmoose; 6th November 2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 15th November 2014, 03:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Build advice

I am getting ready to start my Maeshowe enclosure build and would like to get a little advice or tips on how to mark and cut the curves on the back edges of the side panels. Looking at the enclosure plans it states that the cut out is similar to circle with a diameter of 133 1/2 inches (I think). Any help on translating this arch to a template to be able to mark the panels and cut them would be greatly appreciated.
Old 15th November 2014, 04:03 PM   #4
Greg B is online now Greg B  United States
diyAudio Member

Google "long compass", and then get your dimensions from an arc calculator such as this one.

Or, for something like this, 133.5" of string and a pencil tied to the end is probably sufficient.

Last edited by Greg B; 15th November 2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 15th November 2014, 05:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks

Greg,

I googled the "long compass" term and using the two stick and three point method will work perfectly! Thanks so much!

Hide this!Advertise here!