2x3w Amp Speaker Selection 4in

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 5VDC is not the issue, it has to do with ground loops since the BT and amp are on separate circuit boards. If they do not have the same ground ref voltage, noise in the BT will show up as signal on the amp inputs. Since you have it free, try it. Easiest way to confirm.

Interesting. Got it. Holy cow, I just noticed when I google Murata that the company is in my town. Small world. So being that the Murata you mentioned is for 12v-5v conversion, should I simply get a ground loop isolater in the event I do run into that noise conversion? If so, any ground loop isolaters you can suggest since your Murata suggestion was so on point?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Murata makes a 5v to 5v DC-DC-converter for the purposes of isolation. I was surprised that this was such a big issue with my amp and BT module. Maybe particular to my choices but I have heard similar complaints from other folks with different amps and different BT modules. It seems that unless they are designed and built onto the same PCB, you get this problem. I even tried several braided copper ground straps between the two boards and that did not work.

Murata makes a 5v to 5v DC-DC-converter for the purposes of isolation. I was surprised that this was such a big issue with my amp and BT module. Maybe particular to my choices but I have heard similar complaints from other folks with different amps and different BT modules. It seems that unless they are designed and built onto the same PCB, you get this problem. I even tried several braided copper ground straps between the two boards and that did not work.

You da man X. Did not know there was a 5v to 5v. Will buy it from mouser once I figure some other stuff out I put up on another post. Thanks a million

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.