12p connectors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Due to some ongoing health issues I've had an uncompleted 12p project hanging around for some months now.
I am now better placed to finish the project but have just discovered I have managed to loose one of the supplied spade connectors (a red one).
Are original ones available? or if not will a 1/4 inch or 6 mm female connector fit o.k.?

Regards,

gsd.

Hi Gsd,
The extra connectors are there to help in situations like yours. Or for those guys who are swopping drivers in/out of cabinets on a regular basis.

Hopefully, local help is at hand (Dave Planet 10). Contact via email if you can't locate a spare.

Thanks
Mark.

Thanks Mark,
I would prefer not to solder so replacements would be good, Are the connectors on the drivers standard .25 males?
I did quite like the look of the originals as they seem to have a larger surface contact area than normal spades but I haven't been able to locate any commercially.

Regards,

gsd

Regards,

gsd

Thanks Mark,
I would prefer not to solder so replacements would be good, Are the connectors on the drivers standard .25 males?
I did quite like the look of the originals as they seem to have a larger surface contact area than normal spades but I haven't been able to locate any commercially.

Regards,

gsd

Regards,

gsd

Hi G,
The Markaudio extra connectors are 100% custom made along with their colour coded retention blocks. Solder the spade to your cable. To adjust the tension, gently bend the spade until a tight push fit is made.

Dave should have allot of spares (Planet 10)

Thanks
Mark.

Hi G,
The Markaudio extra connectors are 100% custom made along with their colour coded retention blocks. Solder the spade to your cable. To adjust the tension, gently bend the spade until a tight push fit is made.

Dave should have allot of spares (Planet 10)

Thanks
Mark.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the info. I thought the originals looked like something a bit more special than standard spades particularly regards the contact area.Custom made for Markaudio would explain why I cant find replacements elsewhere.

If Dave (or anyone else) has some spare I could purchase I would be very
grateful.

Cheers,
gsd

I'm happy to send a set for cost of postage. emailme.

dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for the offer but (embarrassingly) the missing one has turned up.
My wife appeared yesterday evening saying "is this little red thing the missing connector?" It was in the bottom of the washing machine tub so presumably had come out of a pocket. It seems no worse for wear so I wont trouble you with posting any but thanks again for your help.
No excuse for not finishing now!

Regards,

gsd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.