Uk Group Buy, A7p's & 12pw's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Sorry if there has been some confusion about the Oak-Audio website.
Rather annoyingly, we experienced difficulties with the hosting company we used for our e-commerce site, which led to problems for European customers.
We will have our new site up very soon.

As Darren and Beth have mentioned, we are currently selling the Markaudio drivers on Ebay. You can find the products we have by searching "Markaudio" on www.ebay.co.uk

European delivery options are available, along with delivery to the United Kingdom.

If you have any questions or comments (or if you spot something which seems to be wrong!) then please let me know.

Jack Vaughn
Sonic Concept Limited

Disabled Account
Joined 2010

Attachments

• DSCN4077.JPG
    DSCN4077.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN4078.JPG
    DSCN4078.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN4079.JPG
    DSCN4079.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN4080.JPG
    DSCN4080.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN4081.JPG
    DSCN4081.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Not sure if this would ever be possible, but there was a very nice tool company (Workshop Heaven) who had a scheme where you would put your name down on a waiting list. They would send out a few new tools for people to test out, after a week/two/three you would pay for the postage and pass it on to the next person.

For new drivers or perhaps more unique ones, this could be amazing way to 'demo' them in your own home, with your own equipment.

As I have the 7.3's, 10.3's, and 10p's, I'm keen to hear the other new p's and will probably buy some very soon, but if I could hear them first...

On a side note, I was looking into arranging a Audio meet up, perhaps there is scope to have it twinned with yourselves (Oak-Audio), as anyone wanting new drivers or like what they heard could buy straight away, and would be a great way of hearing what these are capable off, especially in the probably wonderful and wacky cabinets that some have made?

This is a pretty general problem in all of audio since the demise of Hi-Fi- shops. There is no way to audition equipment in a reasonable setting. So you buy stuff, and when it doesn't work out, you sell it for 50 cents on a dollar.

I have all of the MA drivers bigger than the A6. Some I like, some I don't. I have a stack of Fostex, TB, Peerless, Lowther, etc drivers. Some I like, some I don't. When I pass, my heirs will probably put them all in a dumpster, muttering "What was he thinking?"

Bob

This is a pretty general problem in all of audio since the demise of Hi-Fi- shops. There is no way to audition equipment in a reasonable setting. So you buy stuff, and when it doesn't work out, you sell it for 50 cents on a dollar.

I have all of the MA drivers bigger than the A6. Some I like, some I don't. I have a stack of Fostex, TB, Peerless, Lowther, etc drivers. Some I like, some I don't. When I pass, my heirs will probably put them all in a dumpster, muttering "What was he thinking?"

Bob

To some that would be like stumbling across Black Beard's treasure!

Loaning individual drivers is not that practical as it is very easy to damage cones when taking them in and out of cabinets. One thing we used to cringe at in manufacturing is rework. Rework breeds more rework!

I think that the forum members here are good judges of performance and tend to provide a good balanced view. Luckily MA drivers are excellent acoustically, and present great value for money!

On a side note, I was looking into arranging a Audio meet up, perhaps there is scope to have it twinned with yourselves (Oak-Audio), as anyone wanting new drivers or like what they heard could buy straight away, and would be a great way of hearing what these are capable off, especially in the probably wonderful and wacky cabinets that some have made?

I don't know about wonderful & wacky, but I can say that OA will have their own range of MA based speakers (because I'm doing the design work). Mostly reflex enclosures, but there are a few twists too. I've got the prototype Pups here at the moment (compact BR for the 6M), which are doing a nice job, as is a currently unnamed wide[ish] baffle compact floorstander for the 12P. This time BR with a little QW thrown in. A few more are in the pipeline at present.

I agree that the paper cone's color shade really depends on the lighting condition. I am a professional photographer & color accuracy is a big deal to me. Here are some of the pics of the 10P which I took a couple of days after removing them from the factory boxes. I used a full frame DSLR, premium lens, professional studio lights and edited in a color calibrated monitor. No adjustments were made in photoshop except to match the white balance with kelvin of the lights used.

10830927533_c80d90c4a0_z.jpg
[/url]A10P-2 by a3cervo, on Flickr[/IMG]

10830777264_14ba60765d_c.jpg
[/url]A10P-1 by a3cervo, on Flickr[/IMG]

10830923813_595927bec9_z.jpg
[/url]A10P-3 by a3cervo, on Flickr[/IMG]

11096101824_094eece8eb_z.jpg
[/url]A10P-5 by a3cervo, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.