Jordan Eikona damping ring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
NORTHERNSKY - The damping ring was posted this afternoon. Included are instructions for fitting (it's straightforward).

Hi,

yesterday I received the new damping ring from Jordan; it was very easy to install (it already had an adhesive coating). Differences in the sound with the ring installed are very subtle: my tester (my wife) did not note significant changes.

However, as I already mentioned in another thread, the Eikona 1 replaced the old JX92S produced by EAD in my VTL cabinets. They are a completely different category, a big step forward towards the "live" music.
I did not imagine how manufacturing of a substantial equal design is influent in the sound produced.

northernsky

Hi Northernsky - very glad the ring arrived safely and you were able to instal it successfully.

I agree about the Eikona vs the JX92, it's a big step forward.

How big a step forward ,I auditioned Aurousal VSX against same cabinet fitted Eikona 1 (Focalstage floorstander) and had to strain my ears to hear the very slight improvement. I am now using the excellent Goldmund derived JOB 225 amplifier with the Aurousal VSX and the sound is so much improved over my previous amp that I do not think it is worth upgrading to EIKONA 2.

I can't comment on the amplifier or the Aurousal implementation, however using the Eikona 1 in a reflex cabinet against the JX92 in a similar enclosure, the difference is quite marked. The biggest difference is in HF which is smoother and better controlled. The Eikona 2 refines this further.

I believe Kevin from Acoustic Insight (the renamed Aurousal) has made similar observations.

I can't comment on the amplifier or the Aurousal implementation, however using the Eikona 1 in a reflex cabinet against the JX92 in a similar enclosure, the difference is quite marked. The biggest difference is in HF which is smoother and better controlled. The Eikona 2 refines this further.

I believe Kevin from Acoustic Insight (the renamed Aurousal) has made similar observations.

What is the difference between the JX92 & the JX92S. Whilst I can hear the difference between amplifiers , especially Mos-Fet v Bi-polars .I did not hear the the HF being smoother between the JX92/S and the Eikona 1 ?. Incidently having used transmission line speakers for the last 20 years, I find the bass on reflex designs deficient and poor quality especially at low level listening.

I did not hear the the HF being smoother between the JX92/S and the Eikona 1 ?

Hi Disbeliever,

as Colin, I also found a big improvement moving from JX92s to Eikona 1. Not only in detail resolution, but also much more bass in the same Jordan VTL cabinet.

My JX92S were the last version produced by EAD. What about yours?
I read opinions on the forum that older JX92 versions were much better.

Northernsky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.