Alpair 7.3s in panels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I recently moved house and need to find some neighbour-friendly loudspeakers - where the music doesn't collapse at low volumes. My big Audio Note AZ-Three loudspeakers don't fit the bill and only work well in corners.

What I believe I need are some single driver panels and the following video of Alpair 5 drivers seems provide amazing performance:

????????????????? - YouTube

Sadly those Alpair 5 drivers are afaik no longer available. However the Alpair 7.3 Grey drivers seem to have a high Qts (0.54), good F0 and great XMAX. Question is, would the Alpair 7.3 really work well in a large open baffle design? Say about 100cm wide x 80cm high.

Amps are 300B SET, but not playing head-banging volumes. Their impedance looks SET-friendly.

Andrew

Hi all,

What I believe I need are some single driver panels and the following video of Alpair 5 drivers seems provide amazing performance:

????????????????? - YouTube

Sadly those Alpair 5 drivers are afaik no longer available.
Andrew

Hello Andrew, Guys,
Alpair 5 not longer available - they will be in the future, see here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/261291-chs40-chs50-early-developments.html

CHS40 and CHS50 are the direct descendants of the original driver. Most Alpair 5 went to Japan, hence videos of the type Andrew found. Japanese end-users are directly feeding their views and desires into the CHS development. There's a Japanese approach to continuous improvement often refered to as 'kaizen' that I follow. Now is the time to feedback to influence the design of these drivers on their development thread.

Thanks
Mark.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.