Add volume of internal parts to total cabinet volume?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to design vented cabinet for Fostex FF225WK and it has a big magnet. Calculated volume is 29L, magnet is somewhere around a half liter.
Make it bigger to benefit from LF extension, this only if you are interested. Size was mentioned in paper Fostex link as a 28L tuned to 39Hz with a 65x190 duct for 34-100W.
A 35L tuned to 38-39Hz and shorter port (14cm) will do the trick. :D

To complicate matters further: the calculated vent length is usually too long, so once the speaker is finished, you will have to adjust it on the basis of measurements.

To make things easier: it doesn't really make a lot of difference if your volume is off by 10 percent or even more. Your drivers will be off by even more, so whatever you calculate is wrong to begin with.

If anything, it is better to be on the safe side, and build your enclosure a bit larger than calculated. If you decide it is too big, you can put a brick in it. The other way around is more difficult.

To complicate matters further: the calculated vent length is usually too long, so once the speaker is finished, you will have to adjust it on the basis of measurements.

To make things easier: it doesn't really make a lot of difference if your volume is off by 10 percent or even more. Your drivers will be off by even more, so whatever you calculate is wrong to begin with.

If anything, it is better to be on the safe side, and build your enclosure a bit larger than calculated. If you decide it is too big, you can put a brick in it. The other way around is more difficult.

Well said! :)
Calculated imentions are as follows so far:
x~~196.1861492297573, y~~317.4358575756879, z~~513.6220068054039,

Well said! :)
Calculated imentions are as follows so far:
x~~196.1861492297573, y~~317.4358575756879, z~~513.6220068054039,
I guess you mention external dimensions? (Am I right?!)
(port/speaker one inch plywood, from your notes)
Some prop that work:

Attachments

• PROPORTIONS http--petoindominique.fr--php--clos.php.jpg
    PROPORTIONS http--petoindominique.fr--php--clos.php.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 57
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.