Impressions on Frugal and Maeshowe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Been a long time since i have heard both with EL70 -- both have exemplary performance. Maeshowe will have more bass gain (which may well need to be dialed back), the FH3s tapped loading could give the FH3 an edge in mid clarity due to less coming back thru the cone (unless you do a variable depth air cbity in Maeshowe)

dave

Thanks for the reply,
I would be making the rear chamber section of the Maestowe adjustable (think diffusor with variable depth). I've had the plans for a few years and have finally put enough time aside to build somthing.

My room is 18'x12'x9' if that alters your opinion?
Because time seems to be a hot commodity, I would rather build the right cabinet the first time. Not that either is wrong:)

Similarly to Dave, it's been a while since I've heard the Maeshowe, but I think with size of room described, the FH3 might be a far more practical design.

The Maeshowe does produce a big soundstage, and has more LF gain than the FH3 - perhaps more than the EL70 would need in this case. Something like the FE126E would be an entirely different story.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.