WE594A Diaphragm replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a WE594A with a broken voice coil, beyond repair. Does anyone one know if there is a "compatible" replacement available? If not does anyone know of a craftsman that is capable of repairing the unit? I could not find any parts that state 594A. The JBL 2440/ 375 looks very similar when looking at pictures however I have not been able to find exact dimensioned drawings for these diaphragms. Since JBL, Altec and others are descendants of WE I am hoping that there is some compatible part I could drop in. I am willing to accept that they may not be the same acoustically as the original, but would be satisfied if they fit and "worked".

Regards,

AAL

WE594A diaphragm replacement

Thank you freddi and CV for your input. I will post at High Efficiency Speaker Asylum as well. I did get in touch with the gentleman at GIP a number of weeks ago to inquire about a voice coil. He is able to supply a voice coil but I realized I would be incapable of mounting it to the existing diaphragm. In addition it was over 20x more than a complete diaphragm for other somewhat similar drivers. I am not opposed to spending money for an "authentic" part, and GIP is certainly going to supply a quality part, it is just that I do not have that kind of money at the moment (recovering from home improvements:)). He is able to provide a complete diaphragm but I did not get a price. Based on the voice coil cost I did not want to exercise him until I am in a financial position to purchase something. I was hoping to find something off the shelf (JBL) to get the system working until such time that I have more money available.

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.