front bezel cover 10p question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking of stretching tulle fabric over the speaker. I figure this shoud give the least sound distortion or sound loss.

Is there a posibility of the driver extending out to hit the fabric?

I need something to prevent inquisitive little fingers from touching the drivers.

I am thinking of stretching tulle fabric over the speaker. I figure this shoud give the least sound distortion or sound loss.

Is there a posibility of the driver extending out to hit the fabric?
I doubt that very much

I need something to prevent inquisitive little fingers from touching the drivers.
That's a different story - never underestimate their creativity:D

Here's my answer for minimum grills. These go on A10's:

Bob

Attachments

• Round Grill.jpg
    Round Grill.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Grill Back.jpg
    Grill Back.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 202
Bob, is that a metal grille that just happens to snugly fit over the separate bezel ring, wrapped in cloth, with the plastic ring fitted with little Neo magnets for attachment to Mark's hex head mounting screws?

OT, but anyone having issues with auto spell correct being a royal PITA on iPad?
I mistyped "hex" and got Hezbollah - thanx very much, but maybe just let me spell something wrong, rather than confuse things royally

Well, no. The frame is a 1" wide ring of 1/2" BB. 1/2" round-over on the outside and as much 45* chamfer as I could manage on the inside. 1/4"x1/4" magnets fit on the driver mounting screws. There is a 1/8" dado 1/4" in from the edge and the grill cloth is held in with 1/8" window screen spline. Basically the same technique I use with all of my grills.

Bob

OT, but anyone having issues with auto spell correct being a royal PITA on iPad?
I mistyped "hex" and got Hezbollah - thanx very much, but maybe just let me spell something wrong, rather than confuse things royally

I presume it works just as stupidly as it does on an iPhone. I curse the day I bought the d@mned thing! Once it decides what it thinks you want, you can play hell trying to convince it otherwise!

Bob

The Madisound 6.5" grille is an almost perfect fit on the 10P without its trim ring installed. Discard the grille's mounting plate and add a few peices of thin self-stick felt on the inside of the grille ring to make it a snug fit over the speaker.
I cannot hear a difference with or without the grille installed.
It would, however, be interesting for somebody with a good test setup to do frequency and dispersion measurements with and without a grille.

Attachments

• Grille.jpg
    Grille.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 178
I'm afraid you have all missed the OP's important point:

"I need something to prevent inquisitive little fingers from touching the drivers."

having experienced what a 3 year old can do with a knitting needle to a very nice pair of B&Ws ....
Nothing is perfect, but a metal grille will stop little fingers, knitting needles, toys, and the occasional clumsy adult.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.