klein bottle enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sy thanks for that link i guess it's been done in a larger scale then i was thinking of by a wide margin.

cal i was thinking the other way around; mount a small 2 or 3 inch wideband driver on the small (throat) opening and create exits around the driver into the large part (mouth).sealed could also work...
now i need to find a 3D printer!
or maybe just get some klein steins pour out some margarita's wait for spring and think on it somemore....

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
A Klein bottle is closed if you put driver at mouth. In which case it will be kind of like a sealed TL (if long enough). One could mount driver on wall of bottle and let mouth/neck serve as vent in a BR or TL or BLH. The aesthetics would look great in a real blown glass enclosure so you can see the Klein bottle topology. Otherwise looks like a bottle with a loop handle.

GlassRender-e1316799045872.png

sorry no scanner no cad i hope the attached photo is ok to depict what i was thinking.

depending on size could it not be turned into a mid horn or mid bass perhaps?

i keep thinking of it like a long back loaded horn

Attachments

• HPIM0445.jpg
    HPIM0445.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.