Boss 6 x 9 for open baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this speaker can be found for less than US$12 shipped. Its well made, and should sound very good in open baffle applications. In my little room sitting on another speaker without any baffle, cello, vocals, guitars, and slapped upright bass sound well balanced and excursion controlled on the bass track plus there's good details. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Boss BRS69 6x9

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

here is its fs and qts with no play time
B98xV7o.gif

or home theater (if my Onkyo's protection circuit doesn't kick in from multiple ~4 ohm loads) - let GM pick up a pair.

here's a hefty 4ohm Boss 10" I bought for $19.99 shipped - it came with a nice metal grill and accurate T-S -IIRC Qt ~0.5

that's a solid metal phase plug under the garish chrome plastic ring - guess the ring is good to keep things from rubbing.
~2.5" voice coil

$(KGrHqV,!mEFHd!KbPl,BR8YJP3RT!~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
or home theater (if my Onkyo's protection circuit doesn't kick in from multiple ~4 ohm loads) - let GM pick up a pair.

here's a hefty 4ohm Boss 10" I bought for $19.99 shipped - it came with a nice metal grill and accurate T-S -IIRC Qt ~0.5

??? Why me? I currently have no functioning sound system beyond a mono clock radio and an old RPTV with literally $6 6.5"/8 ohm 'whizzer' drivers and $0.50 1" paper tweeters. Its fairly comprehensive digital EQ program makes them sound much bigger, better though even at fairly high SPLs, so has a good compander ckt. too. I was stunned when I saw them.

10"? I only found 6.5", 8" here: Speakers | Boss Audio Systems

Interesting that there's a 6.5" and 6.5" 'high quality' version.

Regardless, how do yours perform and what do you fill in the top, bottom octaves with?

GM

Quite awhile back we went through a spate of oval speakers, designs and one that worked surprisingly well was a dual vertically oriented 4" x 10" [RS 40-1297] short 'array' OB and there was a Metronome-like TL by GregB IIRC.

Yeah, that was a while back now! It wasn't really an array though, as the the lower driver was dewhizzed and lowpassed with a choke. I prefer point sources. Line arrays always have a peculiar sound to me.

DSCN0192.JPG

TabongaDrawing.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.