Nagaoka enclosure for Fostex FE203En-S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all
I would like to build one of Nagaokas creations for my newly obtained Fostex FE203En-S drivers. I am also contemplating the design for the FE206Es-R
Of the Nagaoka designs, I know that a special design for FE208ES have been working good With the FE203.
Can anybody recommend one of the D55, D57 or D58 for 203En-S?
Johan

Thanks for Your reply Scott. I heard the FE203 in the locally nicknamed enclosure "Beer Guts". It is actually the Fostex recommended enclosure for FE208ES. It sounds wonderful With a super tweeter and crossover at 5000kHz. That enclosure is probably over 200L but matches the driver suprisingly well even it was designed for a driver With a much more powerful magnet.

Visually, D57 is also my favourite. Also the recommended design for the FE206ES-R which is more or less the same enclosure.

I know there are other good enclosure alternatives out there, but I have a desire of honoring the late mr. Nagaoka by trying one of his creations.

Infact they sound better than they look, and probably is the most impressive sounding speaker I had in my house.
Only modification from the original design is a reduction of the diameter of the inner baffle plate. Seems like a perfect match for the driver with no leak of midtone in the horn mouth.

I have not done the finishing yet. Concidered staining them slightly, but I think I stick to plain danish oil.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.