Hurrican Baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I would share a pic of some intersting baffles that are just about ready to hold some CHR70's in some bass reflex bookshelf boxes.

Several years back we had a pretty serious Hurricane here in Halifax. An old Elm tree was taken down by strong winds in our cities public garden. We managed to get a chunk of this very Elm which just so happened to have some pretty wild grain patterns!

Excuse the poor quality cell phone pic..

Attachments

• unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 633
Thanks guys we built 3 pair of small boxes in walnut ,cherry and curly maple to use up some of the shorts that you tend to collect around the workshop. Robert has been busy modelling and designing boxes for our main products and I have been proto-typing a wrap around stand to house the boxes. We are building a free standing mono fast box we refer to as the J box and some floor standers in both full range and fast titled the Margarees. We are pretty excited about this whole project and hope to have them up and running within a month.

Thought I'd throw a picture up of another build. I figured i'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one..

Some A10p based monitors optimized for point source studio work. Were implementing a sound absorption/diffusing system inside the cabinet I've been working on to help eliminate standing waves and reflections. Think Anechoic chamber inside a box.

No less, I'm excited to get this first finished set up and running. Having modeled and tested some proto-type cabinets, I'm pretty pumped :D

Attachments

• A10p-1.jpg
    A10p-1.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 435
  • A10p-2.jpg
    A10p-2.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 397
The cleaning is more of an agreement to maintain a basement workshop and a happy wife.
dovetails? think leigh jig, still one of the best small shop DJ on the market built in Port Coquitlam

I see rob is giving a sneak peak of our cabot line J box. The horns on the legs will be shaped once we finish the amp/dsp box that will sit on the top rails. Materials include: Quartered white oak carcass, English elm front baffle,walnut stand with some accent hearty birdseye rails and wenge sleepers, top box undecided. Can,t wait to see the oil finish bring it to life. Covering up that unique squirely English elm baffle with a grill is going to be a crime.

Last edited:
sneak peak

Thought i would give a peak at our j box we have been working on for the last several months, it is coming close to completion just need to finish the amp/dsp box that will sit on the top rails and a cradle for the source: phone/Ipad on top
we will be using a a7 plus a seas mid woofer
everything is still dry fitted soon to be disassemble for some final sanding/pre finishing where possible and re assembled

Mark feel free to delete this post if it is inappropriately placed
http://www.cabotacoustics.com/

Attachments

• IMG167.jpg
    IMG167.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG168.jpg
    IMG168.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.