The correct box modeling program?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
but one usually starts with small signal T&S parameters that are consistent and reproducible to two places

I rarely see that

Right now I see two sets of numbers that represent two entirely different drivers that would live in two entirely different boxes.

Makes designing a box a conundrum... i always start with the factory parameters. Rarely has it taken a 2nd try.

dave

I probably phrased that wrong, but meant two significant digits. IOW, if the Qts is .43, I get that number very consistently. For some companies I also get extremely close to their published numbers. I do it the old fashioned way, driver hanging on a string, manual signal generator and meter/scope, plus test box. No software other than for the calculations. Though people and methods have gotten quite sophisticated in the last decade or so, it really isn't rocket surgery. Measure driver, design box, enjoy (or not, depending on quality and suitability of driver). IMO, there are a lot of drivers out there best suited to klaxons and sirens, as opposed to hi-fi. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.