Playing with the nanoDIGI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a shame the header on the minisharc was not laid out to accept the curryman DAC option in a way that would allow the use of ribbon cable without splicing and seperation of the one connection end.

I wonder when they will get more DACs in. If well implemented, you are basically listening to the output of an oppo103. I have V3 of the Subbu DAC and will compare to V1 as well as Oppo105.

That would be great! Await the details of such

And concur with your assertions :)

Back on thread. (No, I don't mind the hijack. Keep it up. I am learning a few things outside of my skill set.)

Swapped out the A10P's for A7.3's. Oh, my! Now I remember why the A7.3's have always been my favorite MA drivers. The A10's have been banished to the HT for a month. They either need way more break-in, or indeed the A7.3's are much smoother.

I was having a problem with a hole in the FR around 200Hz. I suspect a combination of floor and ceiling bounce. Offsetting the XO went a long way to fixing it. Usually, the gentler slope is put on the top, but I have 200Hz LR12 on the bottom and 150Hz LR48 on the top. The acid test for me is to run a cello up and down over the XO. Passed.

Second interesting finding, but I knew this all along. I EQ's the system flat 20-20K (well, 15K anyway). The overall sound was a bit flat and thin. So I built a F-M EQ curve in the music player with 6dB boost at 20Hz. It's wonderful! I guess we are all bassheads at heart, aren't we?

A final note. Over at the MA forum, most everyone is clamoring for a very light paper woofer to put under their wide rangers. Got to have a "fast" woofer, you know. Darn it! My massive aluminum subs integrate beautifully with the A7's. Once you have felt a true 20Hz note, you can't go back.

Bob

Yo-yo Ma for my money.

I've got 4-500hr on my A7's and I still wouldn't call them smooth. Slick maybe, exciting definitely but a bucketful less of the smooth compared to my 10.3ms 1000hr plus. I'm begining to wonder if the actual burn in time isn't nearer 1000hr than the 300hr.

I do like Bach's Cello Suites, have an EMI Classics recording by Paul Tortelier of suites 1 to 6... Yo-yo Ma certainly, Julian Lloyd Webber also :)

Just about to order a second pair of A7's for some sealed enclosures. I want to keep my FH3 fitted A7's where they are, as they're lovely sounding speakers. I only have a selection of old Mission speakers to compare them to, which just can't compete.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.