Small, sealed driver help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So today at the local goodwill I picked up a pair of Minimus 18's for super cheap. Unfortunately, one is blown! These are the perfect size for my desk and I've always wanted to try some full range drivers...
I'm hoping I can get a reccomendation for a replacement pair of 4" drivers for a 2.8 liter enclosure.
Since I'm pretty sure I wont be able to get any bass response from these, I'll be running a little subwoofer to handle the low details.
Thanks guys!
-Nate

a delightfully musical driver on which many of us here cut our DIY teeth, and while the Radio Shack version has long since been out of production, there are probably hundreds of used pairs languishing on back shelves somewhere, and the Fostex FE103En is still available - another one to consider is the FF85WK.

note that these are in the $45 - 50 each range, and either in a small sealed box would certainly need some bass assistance

there is actually a bewildering array of wideband drivers available in the 3-4" range in prices ranging from PartsExpress clearouts often at under $10, to the $50 and up class

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.