Looking for project MTM (would like to use HIV VI F6's...) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2014, 02:23 PM   #1
fazman is offline fazman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Looking for project MTM (would like to use HIV VI F6's...)

Can anyone point me to a link on a successful project using the HI VI F6 drivers in an MTM configuration? Not into designing my own at this point.
I have some 1 cubic foot cabs that have holes in an MTM that are screaming project. I've always liked the F5/6 drivers from HI VI but I can't seem to find anything on them.
Are they not a preferred driver anymore? I see lots on the Dayton Reference series though...

Can anyone point me to some ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old 13th January 2014, 03:37 PM   #2
mikje is offline mikje  United States
Soakin' up the Sound!
diyAudio Member

One of the Parts Express Tech Talk members, scottsehlin, built a very nice sounding MT with what I believe were Hi Vi F6's. He's very knowledgeable in speaker design, so if you look him up on the PETT forum, he might be able to help you.
Mike
Old 14th January 2014, 11:36 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I completed a simulation of a mass loaded transmission line (MLTL) MTM version with M6 as the mid-woofers for a member last fall. The simulation indicated that the low end F3 point was just below 30 Hz with flat frequency response in the bass to mid range area. He wanted to use a HiVi planar as the tweeter. The outside dimensions (0.75" material) were 48"H x 10.25"W x 10.5"D.

The member has not completed his project as of yet. Custom painting and artistic graphics on the sides have consumed more time than he expected so no details on the performance. Results soon I hope.

Hide this!Advertise here!