Just found a good deal on 5.25 Dual Cone 20 Watt Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, it looks JUST LIKE that Radio Shack speaker that was so popular a dozen years ago. Those things sounded great, by the way. I tried on Open Baffle, but BR was best IMHO. A Gary Pimm version with a front and rear facing speaker stole the show at the 2003 VSAC confernece. Can't remember the model number 1254 or something?

Hi, No it doesn't look "just like" the 8 ohm RS 1354, and not likely similar, and its 4 ohms, rgds, sreten.

G18930B.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:
One costs $1.99, but a case of 24 cost $142.80?

Not sure how you came up with that. When I put 24 in the qty box and submit it gives me $47.76
As far as specs go, they might not exist, but it's not really a very big risk at that price. Not into the full range thing myself, but I'm tempted to grab a few "just because".

Mike

Last edited:

GM

Joined 2003
Yeah, at ~$3/ea. delivered it's really tempting even though I still have a number of 40-1354s for long since stillborn projects, though seriously doubt these will perform anywhere near as well. I imagine they're good enough with the $0.98 tweak for a small 'bargain basement' HT mains/surrounds set-up plus subsystem though.

GM

Last edited:
High Qts can be dealt with, the main concern for me is how low is Fs. If a true PA driver, then it's probably around 90-100 Hz and if car audio/generic HIFI replacement, then hopefully down around 55-65 Hz.

GM

Last edited:
Many years ago a friend asked me if I could repair his son's cheap (K-Mart quality) stereo. It had speaker drivers that were visually very similar (which means little to nothing of course), but out of curiosity I connected them up to my real stereo and to my surprize, they didn't sound too bad, all things considered. Since then I've wondered how good something like those could sound in a well executed design. I might just grab some and check it out.

Mike

Hi,

For a well executed design you need parameters and frequency
response, after that it is relatively easy if its an amenable driver.
Fundamental is it a high or low Qts driver and a high or low Fs driver.

Foamboard is a current fad, but cardboard (box stuff) coated
with polyurethane is a good box or baffle for a $2 driver.

rgds, sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.