New 12" Full-Range: Fane 12-250TC

Here is a link to my build. Still working on it. I need to seal the top, bottom and the front with Baltic Birchwood like the sides and back. The front mount that you see is cheap plywood Im using to test how many ports I want. Enjoy the music. ps it sounds much better in person. YouTube
New week I'll post my speakers playing the theme song for Schindler's List composed by a John Williams. FYI, this is not for the weak at heart. It sounds amazing on my speakers. YouTube

Last edited:
These drivers are great don't hesitate to try them out.

Here they are in a 450litre horn.

Attachments

• 20200426_214629.jpg
    20200426_214629.jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 532
I know Steve Creswell did some more detailed posting on his build with these on audio talk forums, but since they are currently throwing errors when I try to signup I wonder if he might elaborate a bit on the details of the resistive vent/brace development (I don’t think he explained this here). Specifically, I wonder about the type of material that he attached to the internal brace, and details on stuffing on the lower part. I have some denim felt (about 1 cm and a bit thick) I wonder if would work for either they application?

Blue Aran are the main UK official Fane distributor, it's a very tough time for pro sound oriented companies right now so if possible please support them when you can.
Fane will be awaiting the next delivery themseves then they will be available for sale from both CPC and Blue Aran.

Fane is based in the UK, and as the pandemic hits hard there. There are all kind of measures to contain the pandemic and many companies are closed or working with less people. And a part of the production happens in India, a country that is also heavy infected by covid. wich also will have an impact.

It's not only Fane that is affected, Mark Audio also had stock issues a few months ago. Idem with 18sound i heared from insiders in the company. They mostly could keep up with the demand with emptying their backstock, but on some places the stock ran out.