New 12" Full-Range: Fane 12-250TC

Top end appears to be hot by 10+ dB, but it certainly reaches up there. Solen will sell them for $90 CAD, but they're currently on back order. Also, the spec sheet lists the same exact parameters as that of the 12-200LT. It appears as though they simply copied the text. I also noticed that the Xmax was mysteriously changed from 2mm to 5.25 on the 12-200LT, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Aside from these things, it does appear to be an interesting driver. In particular, I can imagine the Karlson guys finding interest in this one..

Fane International Ltd Loud Speakers
http://www.fane-acoustics.com/downloads/Fane Sovereign 12250TC DS030513.pdf

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
that on-axis response looks like something which could come from a coaxial with a compression driver similar to Eminence's ASD1001 rather than a twin cone. If it really behaves this way to say 12KHz, then would be useful in a Karlson other than sharing 12LTA's 0.08" voice-coil overhang which is good for sensitivity but perhaps not so good for ultimate dynamics on bass passages.

what's the approximate price to get one shipped to the US?

fwiw, here's a stock 12LTA outdoors on and ~ 20 degrees off horizontal axis

freddi! There you are! I am a bit drunk right now. Maybe I'll reply with a more uselful response a bit later. I have seen your thoughts regarding the Beta-12LTA's weak motor and low Xmax (regardless of spec). Just to let you know, I find all of your measurements easy to find (I've always come across them while researching drivers).

I guess I just initally thought of this driver making for a very easy system for let's say, an 7.1+, or even a crazy audessey multichannel system, with a few carefully selected 18's placed around the room. Then again, I have little experience with beaming full-rangers, and the bit that I do have extensive experience of, I didn't like it at all.

Again, your input, Freddi, is the first I was looking for. :)

So, Thank you for that, freddi.

Last edited:
Well, they are £128 + p&p (£7) in the UK....... so maybe when I get my 'EmWoofs' (EmKen LF cabs) and my nice EmKen cabs done I might invest in a pair for giggles.

Thanks for the graph freddi, for some reason I cant open / post the ones I have.
I share your sentiments and if we wern't quite so geographically estranged i'd go 50/50 on the cost of a singleton.

Last edited: