Blueshift open source boombox - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th November 2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Vix is offline Vix  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Default Blueshift open source boombox

Hi,

I just stumbled upon these:

Blueshift: open-source portable sound

Helium Bluetooth speakers powered by supercapacitors

...looks like some ideas have been taklen right out of this forum...but as long as it is making fullrange speakers more popular, I have nothing against it...
Old 29th November 2013, 03:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Interesting! What ideas were taken from this forum? I don't see any. In fact, using the FE126En in that application seems to be an indication that the inventor does not read this forum
Old 29th November 2013, 06:37 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The drivers look like they have the EnABL pattern added to them (looks to be the original type rather than the more recent approaches targeting specific modes).
Old 29th November 2013, 07:39 PM   #4
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbond3rd View Post
Interesting! What ideas were taken from this forum? I don't see any. In fact, using the FE126En in that application seems to be an indication that the inventor does not read this forum

there's a certain charm / appeal to the overall product concept, but I'd certainly have to agree with you there - I'd think FF125 or even 85WK would make better candidates from the Fostex lineup
Old 29th November 2013, 10:13 PM   #5
Squeak is offline Squeak  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Maybe they don't like the look of them (image is after all everything to the common man (hipster crowd looking for something to distinguish themselves with))? Or they have misunderstood how efficiency works exactly and want the most out of the caps charge?

The whole thing smells like the typical half-baked idea from a twentysomething (of mind or body) that sounds nice on paper, but when people actually have to put money down for the whole thing they can't be bothered after all. The price is simply too high for the apparent value to the uninitiated audience and also too high for people like us who could build something better for 1/4 the price in a week, and have fun while doing it.
Old 5th December 2013, 03:43 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Not sure what those drivers cost but the price doesn’t seem to far fetched to me if they sound good

Last edited by paul burchell; 5th December 2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 5th December 2013, 04:09 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

It looks like a fine idea to me. Most young people today seem to prefer portability, so this might be a good option for those wanting to listen to music as a group (instead of through headphones). The woodwork on the suitcase seems quite nice (it looks like a finger joint to me). If they are sincere in wanting to produce 'ethical electronics' that also sound decent enough for many purposes, then what's wrong with that?
Old 5th December 2013, 06:46 PM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmoose View Post
The drivers look like they have the EnABL pattern
The drivers in the picture in the middle certainly do. I can put a name to the guy doing this. He started out working on a mono system for bikes. We had lots of discussion on his ap. He knows that bass will be lacking.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!