Blueshift open source boombox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting! What ideas were taken from this forum? I don't see any. In fact, using the FE126En in that application seems to be an indication that the inventor does not read this forum :)

there's a certain charm / appeal to the overall product concept, but I'd certainly have to agree with you there - I'd think FF125 or even 85WK would make better candidates from the Fostex lineup

Maybe they don't like the look of them (image is after all everything to the common man (hipster crowd looking for something to distinguish themselves with))? Or they have misunderstood how efficiency works exactly and want the most out of the caps charge?

The whole thing smells like the typical half-baked idea from a twentysomething (of mind or body) that sounds nice on paper, but when people actually have to put money down for the whole thing they can't be bothered after all. The price is simply too high for the apparent value to the uninitiated audience and also too high for people like us who could build something better for 1/4 the price in a week, and have fun while doing it.

It looks like a fine idea to me. Most young people today seem to prefer portability, so this might be a good option for those wanting to listen to music as a group (instead of through headphones). The woodwork on the suitcase seems quite nice (it looks like a finger joint to me). If they are sincere in wanting to produce 'ethical electronics' that also sound decent enough for many purposes, then what's wrong with that?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.