Back Loaded Horns HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good Day Gentlemen

I have been intrigued with the aspect of owning a pair of Back loaded horns, for quite some time, the only problem is that I can not build a pair for nothing, I am all thumbs when it comes to wood work. I am located in the Orlando Florida region, and wondering if anyone in the forum would know where I can purchase or someone who can build a pair for me.

I have heard about the great sound, these speakers produce and have been wanting to try something for some time. I have a Pair of Audio Note Mono blocks I would love to try out with them.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would so well appreciated.

Thanks.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
If you are curious about the sound and want to try something quick, and you can cut a piece foam core board with a razor and glue with hot melt - you can make a decent sounding BLH speaker to try out. Check out the foam core speaker thread. You can also buy flat pack kits of many great designs and then assemble them. Glue and clamps are all that is needed. The foam core route is a great fast and inexpensive way to experience the sounds of a speaker design. There are several members who have nice CNC shops and can build stuff given the plans and the right price. If you don't know which BLH design sounds good to you enough to make in wood, experimenting with prototypes in foam core first makes sense and is a lot of fun.
Good luck

Gentlemen thanks so much for the input!! This is something that I have been wanting to do for the longest, it just that no one on my end have the skill to make one from plans, I have looked most of the Kits out there and I am just no seeing the one I want. So if someone is willing to take on the wood working task, then I am willing to pay, will hit the foam core thread and see what that is about.

Swampfoot get with me and lets see if you can put our heads together and come up with something.

GM

Joined 2003
The 'BIB' is a simple BLH and anybody qualified to own/use woodworking/power tools should have no trouble making them 'on the cheap' to get a 'taste' of what BLHs are all about performance wise, especially since with typical 'FR' drivers it can usually be built with stock width boards, i.e. build tolerances are fairly 'loose', hence the 'BIB' moniker.

The teens in the local high school shop class can do them as a project if such are still promoted/allowed.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.