Anyone try the Faital Pro 4FE32 or 3FE22?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Recent measurements of the 4FE35 in an open baffle by BMS (Buildmesomething):

410621d1396720697-cheap-fast-ob-literally-4fe35-harmonics.jpg

This driver appears to be the real deal: 91 dB efficiency, moderately high Qts of 0.84, 2.7mm xmax, smooth response, low HD, pro-audio grade durability, $25.

Specs here: http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/294-1124-faitalpro-4fe35-8-specifications.pdf

Last edited:
in EU we are not so lucky :rolleyes:

Bought mine from Blue Aran here in the UK... shipping might be cheaper than from the U.S.

So far from what I've heard of the 4FE35's on an OB, they are very good... Like listening the Mark Audio Alpair A7 gen 3 driver at 15° off-axis. Lovely detail & dynamics without the HF being quite as in your face as the A7.3's.

Paul

Hi DIYers! Sorry to bring an old topic out but I'm considering buying two 4FE32s myself and I wonder with what kind of cabinet designs did you guys come up with? My use would be a use in a boombox, for outdoors obviously but I'm worried about its 0.6 Qts value since drivers with such high Qts values require large cabinets. At least to my knowledge.

Br, Nino

FaitalPRO 4FE35 4" Professional Full-Range Woofer 8 Ohm

I have just installed the FaitalPRO 4FE35(ferrite) .as midranges (app.500-4000hz) in an open baffle 4 way. The vintage JBL LE5-6 that had been there matched the Bozak 12" b119a woofers a bit better in tonal character, but the Faital has great detail, and is not run in at all yet. Also in the alignment are 18" Tymphany subs (amazing bass)and Vifa soft domes. I think that the Faitals and the Vifas have similar sonic signatures. All passive crossover right now.

Hard to believe that the FaitalPRO 4FE35 cone is paper from looking at it's shiny surface and slick, though nubby, feel. If really paper, it is highly impregnated.

That would make for a very sensitive line array probably in the 100dB/w sensitivity range.

To prove to yourself it is paper look at backside of the cone. On 3FE22 there is no doubt.

Please confirm. Inspecting my copies of the 4fe35 on both sides with 20x magnification shows that the cone is certainly some sort of 1x1 fiber cloth. It's extremely black and opaque too, as when hit with major lumens nothing at all shines through.

I'd hate for these to spontaneously change, since the datasheet says paper, and I'm fairly enamored of the their response as is. Also like the idea that they are very moisture resistant.

The dust cap is some sort of generic impregnated textile.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.