Frugel-Horn XL for Alpair 10.3/10p, Fostex FF165wk, more

Hi All,
I am seriously considering building the Frugalhorns XL but I was wondering if I could get a few bits of info. What low freq. extension could I get with Alpair 10p drivers and what are the dynamics like? How do they fair regarding max spl?
This project does sound very promising.
As a point of reference I currently have Tannoy Ardens with 15" dual concentric drivers in BR boxes (175l). I know that the frugal horns would be quiet different but I would like to maintain the dynamics and low freq. extension while improving clarity and neutralness.

CHeers,
R.

Hello

... I know that the frugal horns would be quiet different but I would like to maintain the dynamics and low freq. extension while improving clarity and neutralness.

Imho that wont work if you exchange a coax driver for a full range driver. The high frequencys get (a little) "muddled" when playing complex music with all full rangers i have listend to so far.

For more clarity i would look at the placement of your speakers in the room (sre they to close to reflecting boundries, symetrical triangle etc) and maybe improve the crossover.

Regards

I heard the Mark Audio A10 in this enclosure on the weekend. We listened to a variety of music ranging from Girl and guitar to full synthesized stuff. Some orchestra music some organ music etc. I thought the speakers performed great. I did not think there was any congestion or strain muffle or farting at all. I think they sounded open and at ease with everything that was played.
A most important point is that the amp feeding them must be up to the task to produced a dynamic range of music.

I hope this helps