clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eclipse TD 508Mk3 review from the experts at whathifi.com

I am trying to see if I can do something similar to this. But I can't find any full range drive units as small as that for a start. and getting hold of a plastic shell like theirs could also be tricky or costly.

Any ideas or has anybody tried already? I have heard them and they do sound very good. I don't know if its possible to copy. A lot of research has gone into their one. And the cone is physically isolated from the shell. It might be impossible and just cheaper to buy?

How about these Ikea salad bowls that were all the rage a few years back? A slick paint job and you're a good way towards having something similar. I personally like the Tang Band W4-1320 bamboo cone driver, smooth response all across and it makes a solid 20kHz on-axis, but you lose HF quick when moving about though.

IG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.