8" Hall of Fame

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I am putting together a sub - FR - (maybe super-tweeter) design and want some help, if possible. The sub will be 18" active, with EQ. I am looking to spend up to $600 US or so per FR driver. I am considering the Tang Bands, the Supravox 215 64, the Dayton, and others, but was hoping to get some insights from people who have tried two or more in this range (92+ eff, good to 6,000+).

TIA
John

Disabled Account
Joined 2011
Hello All,

I am putting together a sub - FR - (maybe super-tweeter) design and want some help, if possible. The sub will be 18" active, with EQ. I am looking to spend up to $600 US or so per FR driver. I am considering the Tang Bands, the Supravox 215 64, the Dayton, and others, but was hoping to get some insights from people who have tried two or more in this range (92+ eff, good to 6,000+).

TIA
John
hi
You have two choice, no three, the tangband 8 inch, alpairs 12p or supravox.
I would try the supravox.
I have tried the alpairs 12p, fostex fe127, vintage coral beta 8, and a couple more. My favorite is the alpairs 12 p. HOWEVER, I would really like to listen to a jbl le8t or the supravox bicone; I have a feeling those two would be a serious contender against my alapirs 12 p.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.