Save over $4,000. Build your own open baffle!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure if anyone has pointed out this site.

Classic15 TB Duet, open baffle bi-amped speakers set - PureAudioProject

I found it inspiring! Maybe it can provide us with some ideas on improving our open baffles? Clearly they are watching us!

Other than the baffles being a bit small for optimal results they are very nice. If I had the money I might just purchase these.

Zilla

Check out Hawthorne audio. Pure audio project uses their drivers on some of their products.
They have great open baffle drivers for diy and they also have built speakers available. Their fflagship speaker are the rainiers and cost around $12k. I use their auggies driver as subs. And their silver iris 15" (woofers only) in an mtm configuration with isophon ph2132e. They are great drivers for open baffle.
in the attached pics, mtm configuration is not optimized, i just slapped drivers in an existing cutout to see how they would sound. The auggie driver are on the top. These drivers are fantastic.
I'm in no way affiliated with Hawthorne audio. I just love their drivers

Attachments

• 20131008_205557.jpg
    20131008_205557.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 2,683
  • 20131008_210942.jpg
    20131008_210942.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 2,570
Dear ALL,
who say that only great loudspeakers offer good musicality and super low frequence ?
These Dipole have cost very high !!!
I have alternative for get best musical quality and price low !!!
I don't succeed in sending photo !!!
For courtesy ... how to do ?
Jedy

Attachments

• 02 dipole.jpg
    02 dipole.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 2,502
>>> too bad they are so physically dominating...

This is why I like the modular design. I have built OBs and they are usually very large. The latest is 20" wide by 45" tall. I wouldn't want to be caught bringing it into a new apartment. But a modular design with a separate bass and main baffle could easily be transported and carried into any home without looking like an enormous speaker. Also, once an OB is setup it's relatively unobtrusive. They are not very deep (even tho they require space behind the speaker) and look slim from all angles but the front. Since I love the sound of OB I want to include it into the setup of my room.

Anyone have any thoughts on the modular design?

Zilla

Hi Jedy
The photograph looks very attractive.
What are the drivers?
regards
ALF

Dear Mr. ALF,
the dimensions of Dipole are 125 cm x 34 cm x 34 cm.
The wood "lamellare" is realized with three layers of 9 mm each.
All the workmanships are realized with machine CNC 5 axle ... this machine have costs of 380 € every hour of job !!!.
Three layers of paint + three layers of polish.
Wire of connection of high quality.
The passive filter is totally different from all the passive filters that I have see ... is three way and utilize only one coil Mundorf foil (only for woofer), capacitors in Teflon for the passage of the signal and carbon resistors of power.
Superior sensibility to 88 dB, maximum power 40 Wrms and cost 2000 €.
The musicality is indescribable ... a very small dipole that reproduces very well the very low frequencies ... better of almost totality of acoustic boxes of the sounds room !!!
The construction is of extreme quality and precision.
Very rigid and not heavy !!!
All loudspeakers are of ING. ELENA BANU !!!
Jedy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.