markaudio Alpair 12P in superpensil -- advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My carbinet is ready and i need some advice :
1) Do i need to line the inside of the carbinet with Insuflex--the aircon duct insulating material ?
2) The carbinet is braced and i intend to place extra bracing to support the polyester fill in the carbinet . Is this necessary ?
3) What internal wiring works best with the Alpair12p? Solid core or 18G multi-core?

thanks

kp93300

PS i have trouble uploading the pictures.

"We" use Cat5 because that wire size is sufficient at the power levels most full-range drivers will handle. There is a technical advantage to thin wire, whether it can be heard or not. On the other hand, I am building a pair of speakers with 18ga silver plated copper because the customer thinks he hears the difference.

Bob

I'd use 12mm Ultratouch cotton felt, but any similar thickmess wool or cottom felt would suit.

dave

Thanks a lot!

I can only source either 10mm or 16mm of this...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Will this do?
And if so..which thickness would you rather use?

Thanks
Charles

These are the early pictures

Attachments

• FRONT SUPERPENSIL.jpg
    FRONT SUPERPENSIL.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 309
  • BACK SUPERPENSIL.jpg
    BACK SUPERPENSIL.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 304
  • isuflex back.jpg
    isuflex back.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 309
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.