Enclosure For My Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My speaker it is 8 ohms and 100w but when i check ohms form my DMM which is 6 ohms. It's a 8" one.

Truly I need to create a enclosure for my speaker.

Is there any theory for making enclosure for speakers?

I also drew image which has all the measurement on it. (I've attached it)

For this speaker, which doesn't has any manual or something like that.

If I've forgot to provide something about my speaker tell me what are those?

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 878
Same as the almost identical thread started a few days ago. Without any useful spec. for the drivers (not even a manufacturer / model), you're flying blind. Traditionally a 2ft^3 sealed box was used for 8in drivers as GM points out in that one, but how well it will work will of course vary depending on the unit in question.

You haven't told us anything whatsoever about them so it's not possible to say much that is useful. Loudspeakers of identical sizes can and do have radically different properties, so what works well for one can in other cases be completely misaligned.

If you want a wild stab in the dark, try 1ft^3, sealed, well stuffed / lined. If you want an equally wild stab in the dark for a vented box, you could try 3.5ft^3, with a vent area of 20in^2, and line the box with 1in fiberglass. Make sure one panel is removable so you can adjust both the damping and the vent area. Because you'll be doing a lot of adjustment.

I purchased a 7.5" woofer from local shop but this driver does not provide any information about its performance but the back side of woofer there are something mentioned.
LG Electronics
EAB62509201
LGZ40
U180L08LGK1
130604S

I don't have any idea of the driver but shopper said this driver is 4Ohms and100W.

So I don't know which kind of enclosure suitable for this drive, which is the theoretically suitable enclosure box for this driver.

Attachments

• LGZ40 Wooffer.jpg
    LGZ40 Wooffer.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 676
  • LGZ40 Wooofer.jpg
    LGZ40 Wooofer.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 707
Nor do the rest of us without any kind of performance data whatsoever. The impedance and wattage ratings tell you nothing useful for designing an enclosure with. Again, if you want a wild stab in the dark, you could try a sealed box of about 1.5ft^3 volume, well lined & stuffed, but there is no way at all of knowing how well it would work in advance.

I strongly advise that for your future drive unit purchases, you try to acquire products where the manufacturer actually provides some information about their own product, unless you wish to invest in some test equipment to measure them yourself.

Don't be dismayed by some of the reactions here about your desire to build a loudspeaker....Yes there is MUCH theory to building enclosures and all the other ancillary "stuff" to go with it.
If indeed it is a driver made by LG Electronics....From what I've found LG doesn't sell "raw drivers"...this being the case, it might be a driver removed from an LG Electronics "Home theatre" system.
More than likely the data required has not been published. If so, YOU need to do some experimenting to derive those "T/S parameters".
With this data that you can discover, we can then move on to creating an appropriate enclosure. Fortunately, with this data, we can "plug-in" the data into various simulation programs & come up with suitable/exacting enclosures.
Further, once we have this "modeled" we can progress to finding another driver(Tweeter) to match up....with the driver you already have.

______________________________________________________Rick.........

lcd950
would you have the necessary equipment to get the basics parameters?
if you google"soundwest host" that should direct you to Rod Elliot's web site look up the section on measuring for T/S parameters (that's Thiele/Small parameters) read that first.
actually while your there his site has alot of great basic info that will help in your endeavour

If you type 'measure T/S parameters' into Google, you will receive a large number of hits. https://www.google.co.uk/search?num...11.0....0...1c.1.44.hp..1.10.1243.UUgOSLW9Lpo

Easiest way is a dedicated piece of hardware, e.g. Woofer Tester. You can build your own measurement system around either a quality soundcard & suitable piece of software (Audio Tester for e.g.), or a quality multi / voltmeter, sinewave / signal generator & frequency counter, + sundry other small items. As noted, unless you know something about your drive units, you can't design a quality box for them unless you are willing to do a lot of physical prototyping.

Last edited:
I have prepared everything in order to check my speaker T/S parameters and I am going to use LIMP software, it is a part of(Arta Software) could you please explain me how could I wiring the speaker.

On their web site my on board sound card already listed, it is AC97 on board card, so I think it is possible to use my on board sound card for measure T/S parameters.

There is a device to test T/S parameters of speaker drivers but only if 100$ is worth it.
https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...er-based-audio-component-test-system--390-806
Also i did not use it & cannot say if those parameters are totally enough or how accurate are the measurements.

P.S. as an option You may try to find someone to make measurements for your speaker.
In fact the device is useful for any speaker builder.. if.. the measurements are accurate enough.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.