Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2013, 08:00 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post

All I ask is he explain in a meaningful way why the box I selected for the Alpair makes my testing unfair for the alpair. I see plenty of similar sized and shaped boxes on his website for similar drivers, so what gives? If he can demonstrate there's a problem, I'll either correct it, or scrap the results. It's quite simple really. Not sure why he needs to drag Dave through the mud to (not) make his point.

Ryan, have you used Edge?

http://www.tolvan.com/

Tiny adjustments in baffle size and driver placement make big differences in the modeled and measured response of most sizes of drivers. Especially for the little guys.

Last edited by blumenco; 23rd September 2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:06 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

AHHHHHH you haven't even read my posts then. On page two there's a big screen cap of me using EDGE. I've been using this program for years.

I know what diffraction is. This isn't my first Rodeo.

Just cause baffle size can VERY slightly change diffraction character, doesn't mean this is an unfair test of the alpair.

BTW, EDGE usually over estimates diffraction based on REAL measurements. There's a freebie for you to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumenco View Post
Especially for the little guys.
Thanks

EDIT - Looks like you took out some of your last post about the EDGE program. Now my post doesn't make sense. Just trying to keep the record straight here.

Last edited by tuxedocivic; 23rd September 2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:23 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
AHHHHHH you haven't even read my posts then. On page two there's a big screen cap of me using EDGE. I've been using this program for years.

I know what diffraction is. This isn't my first Rodeo.

Just cause baffle size can VERY slightly change diffraction character, doesn't mean this is an unfair test of the alpair.

BTW, EDGE usually over estimates diffraction based on REAL measurements. There's a freebie for you to use.

Thanks
Umm... gosh, sorry. My ears were better than my eyes on page 2 there...and I don't know you very well. I certainly didn't mean to offend you, and I hope this one can blow over some day then.

Last edited by blumenco; 23rd September 2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:31 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Already water under the bridge. Now we know each other. Hi, my name is Ryan Bouma. I've been an audio nut since my Dad bought Technique speaker in 1990. I'm 30 years old. I started DIY'ing speakers about 7 years ago. Made a bunch of really bad ones. Now I make some that sound fine. I mostly make multi-ways, but enjoy full rangers for their special abilities. I live on Vancouver Island which is quite near to you. Maybe one day we'll bump into each other. Nice to meet you
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:37 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Already water under the bridge. Now we know each other. Hi, my name is Ryan Bouma. I've been an audio nut since my Dad bought Technique speaker in 1990. I'm 30 years old. I started DIY'ing speakers about 7 years ago. Made a bunch of really bad ones. Now I make some that sound fine. I mostly make multi-ways, but enjoy full rangers for their special abilities. I live on Vancouver Island which is quite near to you. Maybe one day we'll bump into each other. Nice to meet you
For sure, man. We are in the same neighborhood practically, considering the homogeneity of the Puget Sound's ecosystem. And I also like the meaning of your screen name.

I will take you up on the offer to post measurements some time.

Cheers,

Clark
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:39 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:

EDIT - Looks like you took out some of your last post about the EDGE program. Now my post doesn't make sense. Just trying to keep the record straight here.
I was editing my post to show a better link straight to Tolvan.com by the time you posted this edit to your post.

Hide this!Advertise here!