Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)
The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2018, 04:12 PM   #4301
wesayso is offline wesayso  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I did get some new measurements done today. I've not been able to squeeze in all of the measurements I wanted to do, but hey, it's a start.

The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)-compare-prediction-jpg

One thing I wanted to check is if the predictions were close to the real life measured results. Meaning I can do some further adjustments off line and still be quite sure the end result will match closely. See the graph above. All traces are presented with a 6 cycle frequency dependent window, the top trace (the prediction from DRC-FIR) is moved up by 5 dB. The bottom traces show 3 separate measurements.

Don't mind the actual curve here, that's my set target from where I begin to adjust with some global EQ.

I'd say the predictability is quite good .

The new amplifier is acting way different than my old one. It results in flat phase with my target file, on both sides of the spectrum.

The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)-comparephase-jpg

This means to get what I want, I will have to change my settings in the target/template. All in all this is quite different from the old Pioneer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg compare prediction.jpg (66.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg comparephase.jpg (73.9 KB, 53 views)

The making of: The Two Towers (a 25 driver Full Range line array)Hide this!Advertise here!