Need help with BIB Box for Fostex FE166En - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th September 2013, 08:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need help with BIB Box for Fostex FE166En

Not sure why I cant seem to find the plans. I just got the drivers Fostex FE166En and want to build the BiB box. I need the plans is there any size requirements directions helpful tips any info would be greatly appreciated
Old 8th September 2013, 02:33 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The BIB calculator says, line length 127 inches, folded height 63.5 inches, internal width 9.4 inches, internal depth 13.3 inches, driver down 27.6 inches from closed end, divider spacing 6.65 inches.

Larry
Old 8th September 2013, 05:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Here's a link to the BIB calculator.

https://sites.google.com/site/speake...enclosures/bib

Zilla
Old 11th September 2013, 02:09 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default plans

thanks that helps is there any one
who could post a drawing of this
Old 11th September 2013, 10:59 AM   #5
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

You should take a look at the Terry Cain why the BIB works thread. It is long, but contains essential background on building a BIB and what it looks like. Once you understand the general principal of what a BIB looks like, it is trivial to generate your own drawing - they are all alike and all you need are the dimensions given in the calculator. Basically a tall rectangular box of specified width, depth, and height. Then add an internal divider panel going from the top front edge of the box down until the space between the front and back and bottom is equidistant (equiv to depth/2). Now measure distance from top edge front panel down to where driver position is specified and cut hole for driver mounting. That is the plan and how to make the drawing. These are all internal dimensions.
Good luck - these sound great and you will be amazed at the amount if bass you will get.
Old 11th September 2013, 02:09 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default question

my question is there a cut out or port at all? I will like and read up on what you tell me to Ill ask more questions after I read about it
Old 11th September 2013, 02:12 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Lots of bass yes but if you're sensitive to time delay, then BiB's aren't so great as they spew loads of unwanted noise out into the mid bass region.
Old 11th September 2013, 02:24 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicmad View Post
my question is there a cut out or port at all? I will like and read up on what you tell me to Ill ask more questions after I read about it
The top is open - like a big vent.

Here is a typical schematic of one.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th September 2013, 02:30 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I have actually put them in the boxes for insignia speakers model nsb211 to break them in and I like the way they sound. I am not really looking for a lot of bass but natural sounding. I like the accurate sound they put out right now and the smoothness they have. I do want to build a box that 1 is easy to build and 2 will look nice and make a statement in my listening space. I am open to other ideas
Old 11th September 2013, 02:55 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

You should look at a MLTL. Smoother more accurate sound with good extension. A mini Karlsonator actually works well with the FE166en according to my sims.

Hide this!Advertise here!