Need help with BIB Box for Fostex FE166En

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You should take a look at the Terry Cain why the BIB works thread. It is long, but contains essential background on building a BIB and what it looks like. Once you understand the general principal of what a BIB looks like, it is trivial to generate your own drawing - they are all alike and all you need are the dimensions given in the calculator. Basically a tall rectangular box of specified width, depth, and height. Then add an internal divider panel going from the top front edge of the box down until the space between the front and back and bottom is equidistant (equiv to depth/2). Now measure distance from top edge front panel down to where driver position is specified and cut hole for driver mounting. That is the plan and how to make the drawing. These are all internal dimensions.
Good luck - these sound great and you will be amazed at the amount if bass you will get.

I have actually put them in the boxes for insignia speakers model nsb211 to break them in and I like the way they sound. I am not really looking for a lot of bass but natural sounding. I like the accurate sound they put out right now and the smoothness they have. I do want to build a box that 1 is easy to build and 2 will look nice and make a statement in my listening space. I am open to other ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.