My little CHP-70 build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My gen.1 looks the same. I thought about a small filter a couple of times to decrease HF actually, haven't done that and at the moment I don't feel the need. They live in P70 Pensils and sound does change a little with hours playtime. Bass output can put a smile on my face but listening distance can make huge difference.

Attachments

• DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    952 KB · Views: 164
Wow, beautiful speakers!

I'm just about to begin constructing a Simple SE and your title caught my eye because I'll probably want to build some more efficient full-rangers in the near future. WAF will play a big role (going in the living room) but your enclosure design would be sure to please the Mrs. Can you share any more details like baffle dimensions, volume, tuning, etc?

My gen.1 looks the same. I thought about a small filter a couple of times to the highs HF actually, haven't done that and at the moment I don't feel the need. They live in P70 Pensils and sound does change a little with hours playtime. Bass output can put a smile on my face but listening distance can make huge difference.

Yeah there identical. The highs, I´m still not shure if i love or find them a bit to mutch. I took some of the stuffing out, and that gave some more lows. Not enough to make me happy, but shure helped.

Worst part for now is the fact that I FREAKING DROPED THEM! Lost grip and busted up the fronts on a concrete floor! So now there sitting at my work bench while i build my bamboo turntable. Need time to figure out what to do. I´ll save them i now that... Hmm. Thinking of making some freestyle shaping curved stuff with my angle grinder and a sanding disk.. Could be really nice or maybe really bad. :rolleyes:

Nearly finnished the turntable, so it won´t be long.

Wow, beautiful speakers!

I'm just about to begin constructing a Simple SE and your title caught my eye because I'll probably want to build some more efficient full-rangers in the near future. WAF will play a big role (going in the living room) but your enclosure design would be sure to please the Mrs. Can you share any more details like baffle dimensions, volume, tuning, etc?

Thanks Sodacose. I´ll take some messurements and put it here. Not shure if the enclosure should have been a bit smaller. Might have worked better. I´m not really satisfied with them. I kind of freestyled my way with them. It´s a scrap build, believe it or not.

All that said, they are still great at acoustic instruments and female voices.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.