Voigt Corner Horn contemporary build based on original design and materials - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th August 2013, 10:09 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hello, I'm back from salt mines! Ever since I first read of the Voigt corner horns in a article published in Speaker Builder in the 80's I have looked for plans for this design. It would be a interesting project. Anyone uncover the construction details?
Old 30th August 2013, 04:10 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnofossil View Post
Hello, I'm back from salt mines! Ever since I first read of the Voigt corner horns in a article published in Speaker Builder in the 80's I have looked for plans for this design. It would be a interesting project. Anyone uncover the construction details?
My understanding is that the builders are making the plans freely available, according to the article.
Old 31st August 2013, 08:55 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

That'd be the first time in ~60 years then. Very good of them.
Old 31st August 2013, 09:11 AM   #14
Ivo is offline Ivo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I'd love plans of the Home Constructors Horn as well. A lot easier, I bet.
Old 19th January 2014, 10:18 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsindetails View Post
My understanding is that the builders are making the plans freely available, according to the article.
Do you know if the plans are available yet?
Old 19th January 2014, 03:42 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

These fellows, Peter Skinner, David Watson et-al, are on your side of the pond from what I remember. Here are my links to contemporary articles on the construction of the Voight Corner Horn.

Apparently the plans are not, yet, available.

retro vintage modern hi-fi: Secrets of the Voigt Speaker - By Peter Skinner

retro vintage modern hi-fi: 1930's Voigt Corner Horn Reflector Reproductions

Last edited by devilsindetails; 19th January 2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 22nd January 2014, 08:27 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

I would like to add my vote for a set of plans, could not afford to commission a build. But would love to take the project on
Old 7th April 2014, 01:08 AM   #18
Chilli is offline Chilli  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

I'd be keen on plans as well. Commissioning a build would be cost prohibitive. Perhaps a small fee for the plans.
Old 7th April 2014, 03:13 PM   #19
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

The only other corner horn I've seen is the Decware, which looks MUCH easier to build - how do these two compare with each other ?
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 7th April 2014, 03:41 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Really? FH3 (and the original FH) is a corner horn. As is Ed Schilling's Hornshoppe Horn, the Buschorns, most of my commercial boxes, several of the Tannoy GRF designs, several Klipschorns & many, many others. A corner horn is not defined by whether the cabinet is designed to physically fit flush into a corner but by whether the horn is designed to use the 1/8 space boundary condition.

Hide this!Advertise here!