Small open-baffle?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have find this full-range, Qts=0,8

http://www.cotswoldsoundsystems.com/specifications/CSS_Specification_Sheet_BMR128DD_F4R_r3.pdf

BMR128_rear.JPG
BMR128_front.JPG

CSS

Models

Is suitable for a open-baffle? Any design, please? Thanks

It reminds me of the FAL driver from Japan in it's seemingly impossible design goals. That is how can a flat unit do HF? Qts is good for a baffle ( mine are 1.2 ), but perhaps the roll surround is a bit soft. I tried a SB acoutics driver ( Falcon UK ) on a 600 x 1200 x 25 polystyrene baffle with very good results at about 85 dB. Above that problems. All the same, excellent. 78's came alive on MP3 recordings of them. Now I use 18 inch bass, 12 Lta mid and a super tweeter on a plywood baffle. I would very much like to do a small OB. These guys you list must be 30 km from my house, yet I don't know them. The doubt I have is polar responce. I suspect it is narrow above 3 kHz. The SB were cheap. I couldn't use them as they need an active crossover to get them to shine. The HF resonance is always there if passive as the amplifier damping is poor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.