First Time Budget Build help!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st July 2013, 01:59 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default First Time Budget Build help!!

I want a 2.1 set up in my room for music and movies. i need help on how i should pick my 2 full range loudspeakers i was thinking of Dayton Audio TW-0.25BK 0.25 ft³ 2-Way Cabinet Pair Gloss Black with Markaudio CHR-70A or Fostex FE103En . I need to know if i can use the enclosure or if its too small. What size port do i need, how much poly fill do i use, and is it going to soud nice?(to a person that has listened Hi-Fi system like once)
Budget is like $200 to $300 if any one has any recomendation on two good speakers with some bass, sound good and look nice?
Old 21st July 2013, 08:56 AM   #2
sayrum is offline sayrum  Germany
diyAudio Member

Good morning,

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowchild View Post
I want a 2.1 set up in my room for music and movies...
There are some factors which influence the sound dramatically, size of room, listening distance, listening volumen are a few. Can you give some info about those?

For the Chr-70A (3rd gen.) i can recommend this build. The baffle step correction is simple, just solder the three parts (capacitor, resistor and the coil) parallel and in one wire leading to / from the driver.
The build needs a cabinet with only 0.144 ft³ / 4l volume, that is about half the Dayton 2-Way Speaker Cabinet. Bass goes to ~70Hz f3 and 60Hz f8. With a wall in the back they will play even lower...
Since you´re using a subwoofer that´s more than enough bass

Maybe the creator Henkjan can help you with getting the right parts. What country are you living/building these in?

Happy building
Old 21st July 2013, 08:08 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayrum View Post
There are some factors which influence the sound dramatically, size of room, listening distance, listening volumen are a few. Can you give some info about those?

Thank you for your prompt reply
My room is like 15x20 and the tv is off centerd to the left. I saw that speaker build and its nice but im not sure if i can cut a straight line to make a something like that haha. I really like my lows and I live in the United States.
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:35 PM   #4
sayrum is offline sayrum  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hey,
off center is always good (reflecting sound waves). I`m sure there are place in your area where you can get a few boards cut (straight ). Then some wood glue and claps is all you need.
Ask Henkjan about the requiered parts for the Black Beauties, maybe he can send them to you or knows where to get them in the US.

Hide this!Advertise here!