Mini Karlsonator (0.53X) with Dual TC9FDs

@xrk971 I am trying my first 0.4 build for TC9FD18 and while putting it together, I think I ran into some problems with the schematic. I triple checked all my
measurements and angles (circled blue). The highlighted measurements are what don't add up. I put the measurements I get in red scrawl. Am I the only one getting it wrong?

1706827322771.png

So let's say a know-nothing wants to try drivers other than the familiar Faital / TC9 suspects... what are the most desirable T-S specs for implementation of a random full-range in a 0.4x or 0.5[ish]x? I know this question has already been answered a billion times in this thread, probably, but darned if I can find the answers given. My apologies accordingly, and thanks X / all!

Thanks xrk! For the Vas, I presume you mean "gross" box volume (i.e., volume calculations based on raw outer dimensions)? When doing something like the "classic" double-TC9s-in-an-0.53x, do you simply 2x the Vas of the driver to know if you're in the right ballpark? Have I outed myself as a chronic overthinker yet?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, 2x Vas is approximately equal to total box volume. The rear chamber is about 2/3rds the front if you want to do it from a bass reflex standpoint. But Karlsonator is actually a mass loaded TL with K aperture exit vent so the whole box can be considered the total volume. It’s not super critical, 20% off is ok for a higher Qts driver.

Reactions: 1 user