need Rabbitz replacement suggestion for Fostex FE127

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello;
I am looking for a suitable replacement for the Fostex FE127 which is NLA .
I would like to build the Rabbitz cabinet/design as shown at the DIY Audio project page I found in a link from the Planet 10 website.
The cabinet size ( approx. 8"W X 15" in. high by 10" deep will fit just right into the area I have available for them. around .60 cu. ft.
I could increase the size by both depth or the height by a few inches each way to accommodate a larger driver but so far the FE127 is the one design I've found. I have some quality 3/4" BB left over from before I can use for the cabinets.
It's not my regular listening speakers but will be used mostly for movies and also music 75/25. I only have 2 channel no surround or sub . Basic
I'm a fan of paper cone sound, no crossover,single driver(s) and pretty efficient speaker(s)
Currently I'm using Lou's Amethyst speaker which is smaller and uses the TBW4-1052 FR poly cone with a neo tweeter.It sounds very good although I would like something a little better/bigger and haven't used Fostex before.
I could build the MTM version of the Amethyst but am fishing for suggestions at the forum here.
thanks for any help

FF125

okay , thanks Scott. I'll read up some on the FRF125
Actually , the speaker stations are on a sidewall in a smallish room 13'X15'X8' on each side of a wood tv stand that is 24"HX19"DX 36"W.
The room has open doorways and hallways leading to other rooms at one end of the room so it's not closed in .
One speaker is a few inches away from the right side of the TV furniture and the other is in a spot between the left side of the tv stand and a tall wood A/V rack with stereo and turntable power conditioner DAC etc. Both speakers about 10 inches from wall behind them .
The left speaker between the tall AV rack and TV stand would probably have to have different BSC because of the close proximity to 2 boundaries than the other one ?
I'll try and post some pix today and that will help with a visual of the area available for speakers.
One option is to just go with a larger cabinet for The Amethysts which are in .16 cu. ft. cabinets.The WINISD program shows .36 cu. ft. for the TB1052 with TB's posted specs . I'll have to see if I can pull one of the TB drivers and see what I get with DATS for real specs.
I know Lou mentioned he went with an undersized box to get a better controlled bass so going larger cabinet may just introduce another issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.